You need to request RecentChanges from the wiki, and tell the wiki that you want a new copy of the page even though nothing changed on the wiki!
- When no page was changed on the wiki, and you already have a copy of the page in your browser cache, the wiki will reply with a 304 NOT MODIFIED response, instructing your browser to serve the copy from the browser cache.
- Our RecentChanges includes changes from other wikis (the various namespaces we have here). If these change but the main wiki was not changed, then the above response is wrong.
- You need to tell your browser to not use the copy in the browser cache.
In order to do this, you indicate to your browser that for this request only, you don’t want to use the copies in your browser cache. How to do this depends on your browser:
- Press Shift and click the reload button or press Control + Shift + R
- Internet Explorer
- Press Control and click the reload button.
- Just click the reload button.
Maybe I’m missing something obvious, but isn’t this an OddMuse bug that should be fixed? – StephenGilbert?
I call it a known problem, not a bug, since I’m not volunteering to do it. – AlexSchroeder
- I find it to be a minor prob, after some practice. KennCattell
- Me too. MattisManzel